State Representative, 48th District
Occupational Background: Chemical Engineer
Educational Background: BS ChE, BS Math, BS Physics, MBA
Prior Governmental Experience: Brooklyn Action Corp, David Douglas Budget Committee
I'm seeking office to better myself, my family, my friends, and society in general. Government force should be used as a reactive, last resort only–not a first resort. The role of government will not be to form a model of the ideal citizen, and then use coercion to fit everyone into that mold. Government will not operate as mother, father, or Providence.
I will work for:
- Term limitations of 12 years, eliminating the State's subsidy of political parties, and removal of all campaign information from the ballot (No more D's, R's, or L's.). The State will no longer regulate political parties or other associations.
- Replacing the State income tax with a transaction tax (which includes a tax on income). The rate will be the same on all goods/servicessalaries–no exemptions–and will be revenue-neutral at first, and then lowered as government shrinks.
- Removal of the property tax exemption of "non-profits", a 5-year moratorium on the 3% property tax rate increase, and an every-ten-year adjustment of neighborhood rates.
- Getting the State out of businesses (e.g. gambling, intoxicants, entertainment, education/training/licensing, etc.), and for those businesses it continues to operate, create a Kicker-like refund–collect all user fees/proceeds and refunding these fees annually to residents, and not government employees and PERS.
- Eliminating subsidies for businesses, especially "green" energy.
- Converting PERS into a defined-contribution 401-K, ending COLAs and money-match enhancements to pensions, eliminating tax exemptions for government retirement income, and eliminate retirement benefit contributions for any elected official(including me).
- Creating voucher systems for education. The State will fund students/familes, not schools. Public schools will no longer be the vehicle to indoctrinate children to the State's ideals–that is left for parents. I will promote the privatization of schools and colleges.
- Eliminating mandatory liability insurance, unreasonable negligence laws and tort laws, and enforced tithing to State-approved charities.
(This information furnished by Gary Dye.)
© Statements for Liberty