State Representative, 1st District
Occupation: Business Owner – Licensed Property Manager – City Councilor
Occupational Background: Business Management, Budgeting, Real Estate Sales, Manufactured Home Sales.
Educational Background: Eastern Oregon University, B.S. with honors in Philosophy, Politics and Economics; Southwestern Oregon Community College, A.A.
Prior Governmental Experience: City of Gold Beach (20+ years experience): Council, Budget Committee, Planning Commission; Oregon Judicial Department Citizen Review Board
Volunteer Experience: Chair: PFLAG; Gold Beach 2010 strategic planning committee; Curry County Republican Central Committee.
Vote Kaufman – The choice for Integrity, Action and Experience
- Is a breath of fresh air in the political arena. Tamie Kaufman is a popular city council member who is very qualified for the role of State Representative. Combining business acumen, 20 + years of small government experience and education, Tamie provides a unique perspective in this three-way race.
- Sees that the mental health and addiction programs are not working. "It is time for a change."
- Supports affordable housing. Tamie has sales, management, construction and land use planning experience, and is, therefore, the most qualified to work toward reasonable solutions to the housing crisis. “Another task force is not the solution; it is part of the problem.”
- Accepts that the best government is a smaller government that is closest to the people.
- Understands the economy is important and small businesses are the backbone of a healthy economy. “Rules and regulations stifle small business and need to be reduced.”
- Is a savvy entrepreneur who understands that government and bureaucrats belong outside private family matters and individuals need to be self-directed. "If there is no harm, government should remain silent."
- Has the experience to know that stopping bad legislation is as important as passing good legislation.
- Supports the Bill of Rights including the 1st and 2nd Amendments that have been under attack recently.
Tired of “business as usual” and “blame game” politics?
Elect Tamie Kaufman–a courageous proven problem solver for a “job well done.”
(This information furnished by Committee to Elect Tamie Kaufman.)
© Statements for Liberty